Friday, September 5, 2014

Burgundy, Taupe, and Gold Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 02

I've decided that I want to go through each of the Moyou London Artist plates that I own, and design my next several manicures based on them.  There are so many beautiful plates in the collection that I was so excited about when I first bought them, but still haven't gotten around to using yet!  It's such a shame that these gorgeous plates are sitting in my storage box, unused. So, in order to rectify this situation, I'm doing a design series.

Now, I've already used a couple plates from the Artist collection and posted those manicures. (Artist 01 was used in the Mondrian Inspired Mani, and one of the pictures in the Color Foils Review used Artist 03). So the first untried plate was Moyou Artist Collection 02. Here's what I came up with:

Burgundy, Taupe, and Gold Nail Stamping Manicure - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 02. Polishes used: OPI 'Visions of Love', OPI 'All Sparkly and Gold', Revlon 'Elegant', and Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold'
Burgundy, Taupe, and Gold Mani

In keeping with the theme of using stuff that I previously never got around to using, most of the polishes that I used for this manicure were also previously untried. It's really satisfying to knock a few of those off the list, too! I used two OPI polishes for this manicure, 'Visions of Love', and 'All Sparkly and Gold' (both from the Mariah Carey Holiday Collection). I also used Revlon 'Elegant' (#380), and Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold'. 'Liquid Gold' is the only one of these polishes that has graced my nail beds before. 

OPI 'All Sparkly and Gold', Revlon 'Elegant', Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold', and OPI 'Visions of Love'
Polishes Used
I love 'All Sparkly and Gold'. It really does live up to its name, and it was very easy to apply. It had great coverage after only the first coat! I really liked 'Visions of Love', as well. It's a very lovely shade, and I was really impressed with how well it stamped. When I first painted it over the image plate it looked sort of translucent, so I was worried the stamp wouldn't show up very well. It turned out not to be a problem, as the polish is highly pigmented, so the colour does shine through.
I only had mini bottles of these 2 polishes, as they were both part of the OPI Mariah Carey 4 Piece Mini Holiday Collection. After this manicure, I was so taken with both shades that I immediately went on-line and ordered full size bottles of both. Revlon 'Elegant' is a great neutral colour that I can see myself using a lot as the base for nail art designs.

Burgundy, Taupe, and Gold Nail Stamping Manicure - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 02. Polishes used: OPI 'Visions of Love', OPI 'All Sparkly and Gold', Revlon 'Elegant', and Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold'
Burgundy, Taupe, and Gold Mani

This look really reads as an autumn manicure to me, because of the deep reddish brown, and the gold. So it was kind of appropriate since I did it on Labour Day, the 'unofficial end of summer'.  I wasn't going for the whole autumnal vibe, it just happened - but it also just happened to work, so I'm happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment