Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mondrian Inspired Mani

Today, I have a manicure inspired by the style of Dutch Painter Piet Mondrian:

Mondrian Inspired Nail Stamping Mani - Right, using Moyou London Artist Collection plate 01. Polishes Used: NYC 'French Tip White', Konad Black Special Polish, Essie 'Jelly Apple', Nfu Oh Jelly Syrup Series NFU JS19, and OPI Sheer Tints 'I Can Teal You Like Me'.
Mondrian Inspired Mani - Right

Mondrian Inspired Nail Stamping Mani - Left, using Moyou London Artist Collection plate 01. Polishes Used: NYC 'French Tip White', Konad Black Special Polish, Essie 'Jelly Apple', Nfu Oh Jelly Syrup Series NFU JS19, and OPI Sheer Tints 'I Can Teal You Like Me'.
Mondrian Inspired Mani - Left

To achieve this look, I started with a white base of NYC 'French Tip White'. Then, I used Konad Black Special Polish to stamp the grid pattern from Moyou London Artist Collection plate 01.
The nail polishes I used to fill in the blocks of colour were Essie 'Jelly Apple', Nfu Oh NFU JS19 (bright yellow), and OPI Sheer Tints 'I Can Teal You Like Me'.  

I was a little disappointed with the blue not being intense enough for the look I was going for, so I may have to try this again after I find the perfect 'true blue' jelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment