Saturday, January 17, 2015

Crackle Polish Challenge #3: Blingy Turquoise and Gold Mani

2015 Crackle Polish Challenge Manicure #3

Featured crackle application: Blinged-out crackle accent nail

Featured crackle polish: Nicole by OPI 'Gold Texture'

Ornate manicure featuring shimmery deep turquoise base polish, and a gold glitter gradient starting from the tips. Ring finger accent nail is partially covered with gold crackle topcoat, and a row of amber coloured nail art rhinestones
Blingy Turquoise and Gold Mani

Polishes Used:
OPI 'Swimsuit... Nailed It!', from the Summer 2011 Miss Universe Collection
Nicole by OPI 'Gold Texture'
Essie 'Rock at the Top'

Plates Used:
None! This is the first manicure that I've featured on this blog that does not have any nail stamping! When I was creating the manicure, I briefly thought about stamping an abstract full nail design in gold onto my middle finger, but then decided against it in an attempt to simplify things.

OPI 'Swimsuit... Nailed It!', Nicole by OPI 'Gold Texture', and Essie 'Rock at the Top'
Polishes Used
This manicure was relatively easy to do. I painted all my nails with 'S.N.I', and then did a gold glitter gradient starting from the tips of my nails, on all of my fingers except for my ring finger. I then used 'Gold Texture', a gold crackle topcoat, to partially cover the ring finger accent nail on a diagonal. Then, I placed nail art rhinestones on the border between the two polishes.

The gold crackle topcoat effect kind of reminds me of gold leaf! In the beginning of this challenge, I mentioned that I would probably just use the crackle polishes one last time for manis during the challenge, and then use them on pedicures forever thereafter. I've already changed my mind on that for this gold crackle topcoat (at least), because this polish is so beautiful! Here's a close-up shot of it, on my accent nail:

Close up of Ring finger accent nail, featuring OPI 'Swimsuit... Nailed it!', and Nicole by OPI 'Gold Texture'.
Close-Up of Accent Nail

I am totally thrilled with the way this came out. My last mani, the 'Emoticon Mani' was super casual, and this more dressed-up, blingy manicure was the perfect change from that. In fact, I like this mani so much that it has single handedly (pun intended) rejuvenated my appreciation for crackle topcoats, and all of the nail art possibilities that they can bring when used with a little imagination and creativity!

Alternate view of manicure, in slightly different light.
Blingy Turquoise and Gold Mani

No comments:

Post a Comment