Sunday, December 7, 2014

Red and Gold Heart Mani

Today I'm finally getting around to posting the manicure I had on about 5 days ago. I usually like to finish the post for the manicure while I'm still wearing it, so everything is still fresh in my mind. However, I've had a pretty hectic week. I had time for a couple impromptu polish changes, but every time I sat down to work on my posts about them - I fell asleep!

This is the manicure that I followed up my 'Cream Knit Mani' with. The Cream Knit Mani started chipping a bit, so that prompted this impromptu mani:

Nail stamping manicure featuring a red nail polish stamped with gold heart themed designs from Messy Mansion plate MM31
Red and Gold Heart Mani

I remember it took a while for me to decide what to do for this manicure. I always find it difficult to choose a theme for a manicure without inspiration. When my decision to do a mani comes about because I'm 'over' my old one, as opposed to because I have a great idea for the next one, I find it very easy to get overwhelmed by options.

That's why I tend to do basic nail stamping mani's for these situations. I usually try to use something new. Sometimes, I'll use a polish or plate that I haven't used before, because I'm always trying to decrease the amount of 'untrieds' in my collection. Other times, I'll try out a new tool or technique, because I'm also trying to improve my nail art skill set. For this manicure, both the red polish I used as my base colour, and the heart-themed stamping plate were previously untried.

China Glaze 'Seeing Red', and Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold'
Polishes Used
The polishes I used were China Glaze's 'Seeing Red' from The Giver Limited Edition Collection, and Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold'. 'Seeing Red' was one of the polishes I picked up last week for only a dollar during Sally Beauty Supply's 'Black Friday' sale! The plate I used was Messy Mansion plate MM31, 'Valentine's Day'.

I also did another yet un-posted impromptu manicure following this one.  Stay tuned to hear about that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment