Saturday, October 11, 2014

Navy Pink Ribbon Mani

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I really wanted to do a pink ribbon mani to show support. Recently I was in the mood for another quick polish change, so I decided to do an impromptu pink ribbon mani. Here's what I came up with:

Navy Pink Ribbon Nail Stamping Manicure using Sally Hansen 'Dark Huemoor', and Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Pink Platinum'. Stamped using Bundle Monster Plates BM-321 and BM-H23.
Navy Pink Ribbon Mani

The polishes that I used to create this look were Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Dark Huemoor', and Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Pink Platinum'.  The stamping was done with Bundle Monster plates BM-321 (pink ribbon full nail design), and BM-H23 (rose decal). I also used a few white nail art studs.

I like how great the pink metallic polish looks against the dark navy polish. The contrast really makes the stamped images stand out. However, next time around, I'd probably use a different image for my thumb. With such highly contrasting colours, I think that a full nail image would probably work a lot better there, rather than an image that only takes up half the nail, like the one I used.

Sally Hansen Polishes: Complete Salon Manicure 'Dark Huemoor', and Color Foil 'Pink Platinum'
Polishes Used
I still want to do another pink ribbon manicure using the traditional pink and white colours.  I also have a few polishes from Breast Cancer Awareness themed collections, so I'm eager to use these, too. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze another Pink Ribbon mani in this month - October's already seeming kind of full. With Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a few remaining Moyou London Artist Collection design series installments left, I'm hoping I'll have enough polish changes to squeeze in all of these ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment