Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Navy, Taupe, and Gold Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 04

This is my second attempt at designing a manicure using Moyou London's Artist collection plate 04:

Navy, Taupe, and Gold Nail Stamping Manicure - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 04. Polishes Used: OPI 'Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh', Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold', and Pure Ice nail polish in 'Party Hard'
Navy, Taupe, and Gold Mani - Left

This time around, I wanted to try to incorporate multiple images from the plate, since I only used one image during my first attempt. The final manicure looks a little busy, but I like it! Just before I did this manicure I had to cut my nails even shorter than they already were, due to a few chipped nails. I was really disappointed about having to do that, because it's so hard for me to grow my nails out. However, one positive thing about cutting them is that with shorter nails, I find that you can get away with a lot more patterns and colours. With less surface area, the 'busy-ness' doesn't seem as overwhelming!

Navy, Taupe, and Gold Nail Stamping Manicure - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 04. Polishes Used: OPI 'Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh', Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold', and Pure Ice nail polish in 'Party Hard'
Navy, Taupe, and Gold Mani - Right

The polishes I used for this manicure were: OPI 'Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh', Sally Hansen's Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold', and Pure Ice nail polish in 'Party Hard'. Honestly, every time I use 'Liquid Gold' for stamping, I fall a little more in love with it! I think it looks so stunning when stamped - like intricately cut gold foil. I also really like the way that the dark blue base colour on my thumbs and ring fingers serves as a great background to showcase the gold stamping - it really helps it stand out.

OPI 'Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh', Sally Hansen's Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold', and Pure Ice nail polish in 'Party Hard'

Now that I'm finished with this plate, I'm really excited about moving on to the next plate in my Moyou London Artist Collection Design Series. Artist Collection 05 is gorgeous, and presents so many possibilities! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment