Sunday, September 28, 2014

Black Jelly and Gold Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 11

Today's manicure was designed using Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 11, and is the 6th official instalment of my Moyou London Artist Collection Design Series:

Black Jelly and Gold Manicure Using Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 11. Polishes used: OPI 'Wondrous Star', Nfu Oh Jelly Syrup Series NFU JS01, and Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Yellow Gold'
Black Jelly and Gold Mani

The polishes that I used were:

OPI 'Wonderous Star' on my ring finger;
Nfu Oh's NFU JS01 from the Jelly Syrup Series as the base coat on all of my other fingers;
and Sally Hansen's Color Foil in 'Yellow Gold' as the stamping polish over the black jelly base coat.

I came up with the idea for this colour scheme by playing off of the one I used in my last post, 'White and Silver Cherub Mani'. I kind of did the inverse of those colours - a sheer black instead of the sheer white base I used last time, and gold instead of the silver that I used (I don't know if gold and silver are technically inverses, but I'm sure you catch my drift!).

I'm really liking how the 'Wonderous Star' glitter accent nail works with the rest of the mani.  The gold glitters in the polish are light, and more yellow toned rather than brassy so it works well with the Sally Hansen 'Yellow Gold' polish. Also, the little black glitters help tie in the Nfu Oh black jelly base polish. 

Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 11
Moyou London Artist Plate 11

This plate is one of the most beautiful ones that I own, but now that I've actually used it, I realize that one of my favorite elements on the plate, the skull-painted face of the lady, is pretty much impossible for me to use on my finger nails. My nails are usually short to medium length, so I most likely won't be able to fit the entire face on one of them. I think that even with a longer nail, a lot of the image would still be too wide for me to use. Perhaps I can get creative and find a way to juxtapose the image on two adjacent nails or something...  I'll have to play with it some more to see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment